Do you want to work for the most exciting media company in the business, covering the best country in the world?
We are looking for an Social Media editor to work closely with our Audience Editor across Leicester, Coventry and Northants, to help oversee our social media accounts to ensure our stories reach the maximum audience and build relationships with new and existing readers through social media.
From creating engaging link posts based on the work of our journalists to helping generate ideas for video content tailored to a digital audience, your job will be to reach a wider readership and deliver the news that matters to them.
We are looking for candidates with excellent social media skills, the ability to recognise where the potential audience for a story and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this, the role may close without notice, so please don’t delay in your application.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Manage social media channels in accordance with Live network best practices and priorities
- Curate daily and niche newsletters, ensuring audiences are getting the biggest, newest and most relevant stories every time
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for audience editor (if experienced) or content writers as and when required
What are we looking for?
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills – essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills Social media skills
- Familiarity with analytical tools to understand how the audience behaves
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of social media
- Evangelist for audience engagement
- Driving Licence
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave.
- We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.