Do you want to work for the most exciting media company in the business, covering the best country in the world? As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Social Media Engagement Producer to build relationships with new readers in Sheffield/Yorkshire. From creating engaging written and video content tailored to a digital audience to showcasing the great work that other members of the team produce, your job will be to reach a wider readership and deliver the news that matters most to them.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb social media skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
So, who are we?
YorkshireLive is part of Reach Plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to Scotland and the UK’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record and Sunday Mail to the Scottish Daily Express, Glasgow Live, Edinburgh Live and OK!. We also own a huge number of regional titles across the UK such as the Paisley Daily Express, Ayrshire Post, Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more). Our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Manage social media channels in accordance with Live network best practices and priorities
- Curate daily and niche newsletters, ensuring audiences are getting the biggest, newest and most relevant stories every time
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for audience editor (if experienced) or content writers as and when required.
The ideal candidate
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills – essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Familiarity with analytical tools to understand how the audience behaves
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- NCTJ or equivilant qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of social media
- We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!