Got a nose for a story and always know what’s trending on Twitter? This job could be for you.
If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team working across our national titles but with a focus on The Mirror and the Daily Star.
We are looking for a Social Media Editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. You will take a leading role in the team, finding ways of growing our audience and driving brand awareness across various social platforms.
Working closely with the Group Head of Social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK’s busiest newsgroups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Taking a leading role in driving best practice among the social team and passing your knowledge on to the wider newsroom
- It will be your role to find, pitch and edit stories that you know will perform well across our national titles’ social pages, using analytics and tools to tell you what’s already trending as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- You will be encouraged to come up with new creative ways to drive traffic to our sites and grow our audiences
- You will be expected to oversee the successful implementation of our social media strategies and manage our social accounts
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends – and communicate findings
- Playing an active role in forward planning and ensuring relevant parts of the business are kept well informed
Who are we looking for?
- A digitally savvy writer with extensive experience of managing large social media accounts, who is ready to take on more responsibility
- You will be an excellent communicator who is able to sell stories with flair, passion and skill
- Working in a fast environment whilst maintaining acute attention to detail will be something you are both comfortable in but also thrive at
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms will be something to you are very familiar with, and work with daily
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes