We are looking for a brilliant Social Media Editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for identifying news stories and exclusives which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our audience.
Working closely with the Group Head of Social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK’s busiest news groups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home based linked to our Canary Wharf Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around the London area.
What will the role involve?
- It will be your role to find, pitch and edit stories that you know will perform well across our national titles’ social pages, using analytics and tools to tell you what’s already trending as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- You will be encouraged to come up with new creative ways to drive traffic to our sites and grow our audiences
- You will be expected to oversee the successful implementation of our social media strategies and manage our social accounts
- Cover live events and breaking news across social platforms
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends – and communicate findings
- You will be our of our social experts, and will share knowledge and best practice across the business and newsrooms
- This role includes weekend working, this will typically involve 1 weekend in every 2
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels