What is NATS?
NATS is the UK’s leading Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP). Every year we handle 2.6 million flights and keep 250 million passengers safe whilst in UK airspace. We provide air traffic management (ATM) services to 15 airports in the UK as well as providing these services around the world spanning Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America.
We’re shaping the future of ATM through our focus on ‘advancing aviation and keeping the skies safe’ and believe that the size and diversity of our business makes us an exciting choice for undergraduates considering their future careers.
What will the Service Management (ITIL) Graduate Scheme involve?
Do you have a passion for Service Management? NATS, a global leader in air traffic management, invites you to join our prestigious graduate scheme and embark on an exciting opportunity in the world of aviation technology.
This two year program is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the field of Service Management, allowing you to make a meaningful contribution to our organization’s continued success in serving our customers.
You will be working to the Service Management Fundamentals, which refer to the core principles and concepts that underpin the practice of managing a service within an organization. These fundamentals include the following key elements:
1. Service: A service is a means of delivering value to customers by facilitating outcomes customers want to achieve.
2. Service Management: Service management involves designing, delivering, and improving services to meet customer needs and deliver value.
3. Customers and Users: Understanding the stakeholder.
4. Service Lifecycle: Services typically go through a lifecycle that includes service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement (CSI).
5. Processes: Service Management involves various processes and practices to plan, build, deliver, and support services. Examples include incident management, change management, and problem management.
6. Roles and Responsibilities: Different roles within an organization are responsible for various aspects of service management. For example, service owners, process owners, and service desk staff all play critical roles.
7. Measurement and Metrics: Key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are used to assess the performance and effectiveness of services and service management processes.
8. Technology and Tools: Utilizing appropriate technology and tools.
9. Continual Improvement: Continual Service Improvement (CSI) is an essential component of service management, focusing on identifying and implementing improvements to services and processes over time.
10. Governance and Compliance: Ensuring that services and processes comply with relevant standards, regulations, and policies is crucial for risk management and maintaining trust with customers.
11. Risk Management: Identifying, assessing, and managing risks associated with service delivery is essential to ensure service resilience and minimize disruptions.
These fundamentals provide a framework for organisations to effectively manage services.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for driven, proactive and committed individuals who will embrace the challenging targets that we’ve set ourselves over the next few years. One thing is clear to us; we can only achieve these targets through making sure our people have the required knowledge and skills. You can help us shape their future.
You’ll need to have achieved a minimum of 2:2 in a relevant degree within the last 2 years, or be on track to graduate in 2024, and have a demonstrable interest in your field outside of your studies.
The role is most suited for candidates with a degree in business, HR, psychology or project management, however the most important thing for us is that you have a can-do attitude, are interested in the field of learning and development, enjoy a challenge, are goal orientated, have a strong determination to succeed and enjoy making a difference.
You’ll also need to pass NATS pre-employment security clearance checks.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary – £30,000 per annum
28 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
Market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
Opportunity to study for a fully-funded professional qualification (where applicable)
For more information on the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.nats.aero/careers/early-careers/
Please note that NATS reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. If you are interested, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Diversity and Inclusion at NATS
We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues. We thrive because we are all brilliantly different yet united in our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe. For more information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit: https://www.nats.aero/careers/why-nats/
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
We want you to be able to perform at your best, so please email if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments.