Service Desk Shift Leader
Our Technology Teams at Telent are committed and enterprising. You have to be when you are bringing the digital revolution to homes, infrastructure and businesses across the country. Be prepared to jump right in when you join – to innovate and develop networks and systems for millions. The work is complex, but the reward is great – our work makes an impact! Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7
Reporting into the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Shift Leader is accountable for ensuring the efficient delivery of services to agreed budgets and service level targets whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively lead and supervise the Service Centre.
- Manage Capacity and scheduling of staff ensuring the Service Centre is adequately staffed.
- Ensure shift responsibilities are assigned and completed 100% of the time whilst monitoring staff utilisation.
- Responsible for training and development of Operators.
- Succession planning and training of staff to enable you to deputise in your absence.
- Responsible for the safe working environment of staff and ensuring staff are compliant with telent’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Recognise a need for continuity of delivery 24/7 365 days a year.
- A practical and proactive approach to the 24/7 Service Desk Operation
- To create and maintain strong relationships with Customer Services Managers and the delivery teams to ensure that the Service Centre works in partnership with its internal customers to ensure that the end-to-end service offering is of best in class.
Who you are:
You will have previous experience within a similar role and ideally be familiar with Highways Agency / Rail/ Traffic / Transport OR Local Authority – although, training will be provided.
- Will be able to demonstrate a highly professional manner when dealing with clients/customers/Engineers.
- Demonstrable functional, operational knowledge of the communications systems and contracts maintained by Telent in one or more of the following sectors, Metro, TOCS, Traffic.
- Experience of managing people.
- Proven experience of managing complexity within a 24 hour service environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team through problems and change as well as the day to day.
- Lead a team and communicate effectively and positively with customers and colleagues in a challenging environment.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: