NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
We are recruiting for a Systems Engineer to perform day to day and strategic administration and maintenance on delegated services/systems, where you will be supporting our air traffic management services to agreed operational levels at our Swanwick centre. You will also act as the Operational Engineering task lead for assigned projects, ensuring that new or changed assets are specified and delivered in accordance with the appropriate processes. You will liaise directly with the Service Management Teams regarding incident investigation and rectification, upgrades and functional changes, while ensuring the agreed level of service to air traffic control is maintained.
Your experience of providing operational services/systems support across electronic or IT systems, will aid in your ability to communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Other duties include:
- Interfacing with the level 3 Design Authority team for software or hardware support
- Tactical planning of maintenance tasks
- Resolving system queries or issues, including recovery, restoration, maintenance, support
- Regularly participating in the review of procedures and policies
- Planning and executing administration, maintenance and fault diagnosis of designated systems
- Supporting the service management team to restore service and redundancy when first line actions are insufficient
- Investigating system malfunctions that are of an ambiguous nature
- Maintaining configuration records for hardware, software and adaptation for designated systems
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified to at least HNC level in an Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience of providing system support in an operational or commercial environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear and precise manner
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive in an environment of continuous technology platform changes
Additional vacancy information:
- This post is liable for inclusion into an on-call roster which is subject to additional payments
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry