£17K – £22K depending on experience
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further. Bupa could be the perfect match.
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? We have a wide range of roles in the UK or Global teams, spread across many areas for you to choose from.
The role and the team
The SEO Executive role operates within the Digital Commercial Team, which is responsible for the commercial performance of Bupa.co.uk, with a remit that covers the end to end customer acquisition journey from the management of a multi-million pound digital marketing, SEO & social budget through to website optimisation for multiple Bupa businesses.
Our aim is to produce health/wellbeing and product content that is interesting, useful and engaging for our audience to help them live longer, healthier, happier lives
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for helping to deliver the SEO strategy for Bupa UK. You will support the rest of the SEO team with a range of both creative and technical SEO tasks to drive and improve organic performance
What’s a typical day?
- Support with the management of technical errors on Bupa.co.uk and oversee them being fixed, working with the SEO agency and Digital Delivery team.
- Identify ways to improve and action changes to elements of on-page SEO, such as meta data, to improve organic performance
- Develop relationships with key websites to build a network of contacts to run outreach campaigns and create bespoke, relevant content. Work with internal teams including Social, PR and Health Content to amplify the content they produce. Generate high quality, strategic links for content across Bupa.co.uk. Keep up to date with link building and outreach trends / best practice
- Identify journalists to start building relationships based on gaps in our backlink portfolio
- Monitor competitor performance and always be thinking of ways to improve performance to keep up in a competitive marketplace
- Interpret performance reports, develop and execute metadata, page content and off-site content that is grounded in data and customer insight and create your own reports
- Manage the portfolio of business listings for our various Bupa locations to make sure they have the correct information and circulate reviews we receive
- Support the SEO team in developing and implementing an SEO and content marketing strategy, keeping up to date with the latest SEO trends and techniques, whilst understanding what type of SEO tactics help drive user engagement
Who we’re looking for
- An enthusiastic, confident team player, keen to learn and with the initiative to work independently
- Knowledge of SEO and online copywriting and understanding of user journey optimisation
- Creatively minded, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and calm – able to able to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Basic MS Excel and the ability to compile and interpret SEO performance data.
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO packages would be great, but not essential
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.