It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced SEO Editor to join us, working across our national titles the Mirror and the Daily Star.
Our SEO Editors are responsible for ensuring our brands are reaching as many people as possible, who are using search engines to find answers which we can legitimately provide for them. You will work with the growing SEO team to provide content that meets people’s search needs. You and your team will be reacting to the latest breaking international and national stories, as well as identifying search opportunities ahead of time.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home based linked to our Canary Wharf Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around the London area.
What will the role involve?
- Provide accurate SEO advice on headlines, subheadings and other content to the wider web teams in real time
- Organise, write and publish search content across the Mirror and Daily Star
- Work with a team of search writers, commissioning, organising, briefing and supervising them, and inspiring them to produce content the audience wants and needs to read
- Use search tools to research and understand the topics people are searching for in real-time
- Identify topics our titles can become an authority in them
- Produce content that meets search needs and will give readers what they want
- Identify upcoming search opportunities
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editors Code of Practice
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
- Excellent understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Newsroom experience or equivalent – the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven digital skills including experience in using a content management system
- Organisational skills to help with forward planning
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to get on with everyone in a newsroom environment
- Passion for digital storytelling in journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories accurately that engage a large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.