Why Join the SEO Team?
The Organic Performance department at TravelSupermarket is one of the largest revenue generating teams in the business and the success of SEO is core to the business. We believe that serving our current and future customers with the most relevant and useful experience possible is the key to success. As a result understanding what areas of the business generate the most revenue and how to optimise for them is our core focus.
Our SEO team has evolved its focus over the last 18 months and we firmly believe this is the only way to guarantee success. If a member of the team has a passion they want to focus on then we are keen to support this. This allows us to innovate in ways we could not before.
We are valued members of a cross functional team of people dedicated to delivering success and an enjoyable travel comparison experience for users. We partner with agencies who add value to our strong team by challenging the strategies that we put together.
Why Our Role?
The role will be pivotal in supporting many facets of the SEO team activities as well as being the port of call for maintaining any and all up to date information on the TravelSupermarket.com domain. Key areas of support will include tracking of performance and in particular, focusing on areas of revenue/revenue per visit opportunity. Content changes across the site will be within the remit of the SEO Associate – the prioritisation and implementation of changes will account for a significant portion of the role to begin with. Content management will be a core area of support as the website is migrated from one CMS platform to a new solution. We anticipate this element of the role to reduce significantly after the first 8-12 months. Alongside the SEO Manager, the SEO Associate will ensure that our partner agencies have any and all support they require in order to carry out their activities to the best of their abilities.
As a relatively small player within travel, at TravelSupermarket you will have the challenge of keeping our visibility high and growing the channel as strongly as it has been up to now.
Core example responsibilities and tasks would include but would not be limited to:
- Creation and editing of landing pages within the TravelSupermarket CMS
- Backlink analysis in collaboration with content campaign agency partner
- Reporting and analysis of overall channel SEO performance
- Using internal TravelSupermarket landing page revenue data in combination with external SEO data sources to find key growth opportunities
- Will involve close alignment with TravelSupermarket Commercial team stakeholders
- Validating content campaign agency outreach lists and supporting campaign wash up activities
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the SEO Manager to support on activities ranging across content management, creative content campaigns, analysis/reporting and revenue opportunity analysis
- Liaise across multiple stakeholders in the management of onsite content edits
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that SEO is being considered as part of the wider marketing team activities
- Monitor commercial model status to help prioritise SEO activities that drive optimum performance
- Communicate changes required in collaboration with the Technical SEO Manager following partner agency audit findings
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Results driven SEO experience preferably working on large e-commerce sites
- Used to dealing with performance data across 10’s of thousands of keywords
- Experience in cross department marketing activities
- Familiarity working with Content Management Systems
- Good understanding of day-to-day SEO tools (Search Console, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Google Analytics)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Stakeholder and third-party management
- Good standard of Excel skills
- Relaxed, calm and easy going – we like to have fun while we work!
Nice to have:
- SEO agency background with experience working across multiple accounts and stakeholders
- Experience of working across multiple SEO disciplines (outreach, technical, content)
- Integration of SEO with other channels (e.g. PPC and Social Media)
- History of successfully recovering websites after ranking declines
- Experience within the travel industry
- Address St David's Park, Chester