Senior Theatre Practitioner / Senior Scrub Nurse
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
£40,223 – £46,927 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
We are searching for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join our prestigious Bupa Cromwell Hospital. If you had significant experience in scrub nursing and are NMC / HCPC registered, this might just be the perfect role for you!
A bit about us
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Bupa Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. This hospital receives both UK and international patients and is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients. Attracting leading consultants and doctors recognised for excellence in their specialised fields. We cover 12 surgical specialties including complex procedures such as live organ transplants, heart surgeries and neurosurgery.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible for assisting in the management and organisation of the operating theatres, participating in the delegation and supervision of less experienced staff and supporting the initiatives to improve customer service. Your duties will also include, but not limited to:
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate peri-operative patient care.
- Ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Provide surgical, anaesthetic or recovery assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local, regional, sedation or general anaesthetic.
- Assist in the preparation of patients as directed by the surgical team.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatres Coordinator.
- Take responsibility for career development within the team and drive a performance culture.
- Assist in the management and organisation of the operating theatres, including 5 staff.
- Participation of audits across the department.
The successful candidate:
- NMC (Adult / Child) or HCPC registration.
- Minimum 4 years Scrub experience.
- Experience in Orthopaedics will be a great advantage.
- Possess a good skill mix including Bariatric, Cardiac, ENT and Paediatrics.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
To view our benefits, please visit: https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or