Senior Theatre Practitioner / Senior Scrub Nurse
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
£40,223 – £46,927 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
We are searching for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join our prestigious Bupa Cromwell Hospital. If you had significant experience in scrub nursing and are NMC / HCPC registered, this might just be the perfect role for you!
A bit about us
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Bupa Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. This hospital receives both UK and international patients and is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients. Attracting leading consultants and doctors recognised for excellence in their specialised fields. We cover 12 surgical specialties including complex procedures such as live organ transplants, heart surgeries and neurosurgery.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Theatre Practitioner, you will be responsible for assisting in the management and organisation of the operating theatres, participating in the delegation and supervision of less experienced staff and supporting the initiatives to improve customer service. Your duties will also include, but not limited to:
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate peri-operative patient care.
- Ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Provide surgical, anaesthetic or recovery assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local, regional, sedation or general anaesthetic.
- Assist in the preparation of patients as directed by the surgical team.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatres Coordinator.
- Take responsibility for career development within the team and drive a performance culture.
The successful candidate:
- NMC (Adult / Child) or HCPC registration
- Minimum 4 years Scrub experience
- Experience in Orthopaedics will be a great advantage
- Possess a good skill mix including Bariatric, Cardiac, ENT and Paediatrics
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Medical treatment discount for employees and immediate family
- Bupa Staff Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday each year (in addition to public and statutory holidays), increasing after 5 years’ service.
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday days annual leave
- Opportunity to request for an extended period leave
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- 24/7 health line
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Annual Award Ceremony
- Free massage by in-house therapy team
- Occupational Health – for work related health concerns and immunisation updates
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Internal and external training opportunities
Closing Date: 3rd June 2020
Candidates wanting to apply for this post are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible. Applications to this vacancy will be proactively assessed and you may be interviewed before the closing date.