Senior Sub Editor
€ Competitive Salary plus Company Benefits
Reporting into the Group Chief Sub Editor, the Senior Sub Editor is responsible for the quality of the pages and content within the Daily Mirror NI and Irish Daily Mirror.
They will sub pages and stories to ensure standards are high and pages are completed in house style and legally compliant.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, DublinLive, BelfastLive, RSVP and Cork Beo. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Sub-edit print content across the Irish titles
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from across the company, in particular the backbench
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance to IPSO and legal requirements
- Complete page production process in line with established KPIs and benchmarks
- Ensure all work at all times conforms to Reach PLC policies and procedures
- You will have brilliant design skills to create and lead production of great pages
- You will have proven ability in designing, sub-editing and proofing pages
- You will have a history of editorial page production ideally at daily newspaper level
- You will be experienced at working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- You should be familiar with House style and have sound brand positioning understanding
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.