Senior SQL Data Engineer.
Working across all aspects of the Data infrastructure; developing, analysing and designing recommendations and support for the delivery of high quality Data solutions and requirements across Hastings systems and platforms. Responsible for working across all aspects of the Data lifecycle and operating within agile teams from application support and change functions.
- Designs large complex ETL processes comprising of new and existing modifications
- Interacts across the business to understand and identify data process needs and requirements
- Analysis of data requirements to establish, modify and maintain an object/data model (OERA model) and interpretation into appropriate DB schema within set constraints (consistency, security, ownership).
- Investigates information/data sources to establish the information available and assess the integrity; acting as second line support for production database environments
- Creates, amends, and keeps track of programs in accordance with the design and documents all work in accordance with agreed standards
- Conducts tests of programs, corrects errors, and re-tests to achieve error-free results.
- Proactively provides specialist technical and application knowledge on ETL and data concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles. Maintains a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities and their application in local use.
- Takes part in reviews of own work, takes part in the reviews of the work of colleagues.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
3+ years practical experience working in an SQL Data Engineer role either within a project or corporate environment
- SQL Server
- Complex Stored Procedures
- SQL Agent
- Database Architecture
- Modelling & Design
- Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards; Full software development life cycle.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.