Come and work with the friendly and dedicated team at ChronicleLive. We’ve got an unrivalled reputation of being at the centre of the biggest stories.
We are looking for a Senior Reporter to join the Northumberland Live team. You will be brilliant at reporting live news and have the ability to spot and source great stories and turn them into clean, crisp and accurate content that engages our audience and is relatable and relevant to their lives.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for candidates who understand the issues that are important to our region’s very many different communities so we can continue to really diversify our content.
So, who are we?
ChronicleLive and Northumberland Live are part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
What will the role involve?
- You will work across the designated patch of Northumberland, where you will build up contracts, and source stories and news which is important to the readers within the local community.
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Cover live breaking news as it happens
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent (or relevant work experience)
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling
- A full driving licence
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.