The primary responsibility of this role is to successfully deploy code changes across the development, test and live environments. The resource will work closely with the development and testing teams to ensure new packages are deployed efficiently and to the agreed plan. Providing leadership and guidance to members of the Release Management team. The role also includes managing releases into the Pre-production and Production environments, coordinating with the different teams and leading the implementation activities.
Your Remit will include the following
- Deploying multiple code packages into development, test and live environments.
- Planning and managing deployments into the live environment, including the rollback process.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of the deployment tools and processes to improve the operational efficiency and accuracy of our software releases.
- Identification of improvements to the deployment processes and automating tasks where appropriate.
- Providing support to the testing teams by investigating environment-specific issues.
- Supporting other members of the Release Management team with their creation of new jobs/processes.
- Performing code reviews for the development of new Release Management jobs.
Practical experience working in an IT role supporting and developing enterprise level customer and employee facing applications. Familiarity or knowledge across the following areas:
- Previous experience of performing a Deployment/Release Engineering role
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Continuous Integration – Build & Test
- Configuration Management best practice
- Shell Programming
- Experience with web based applications
- Knowledge of web based technology such as Java, JVM, Microsoft .NET, C#
- Excellent stakeholder management
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 20% bonus earning potential
- £5000 annual cash car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, health care cash plan, dental plan and cycle to work
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.