Senior Product Designer
Salford Quays, Manchester
Up to £45k depending on experience
Full time 37.5 hours
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a senior digital product designer – with a special interest in visual design – to help evolve our digital products and services, so they meet the needs of our customers whilst bringing consistency and delight. You should have experience running workshops, be comfortable in critiques and be able to manage senior stakeholders in an open and collaborative way.
As a senior digital designer in the experience design team, you’ll be given the responsibility of leading the creative direction of many of our digital products. Working with lead designers, you will own the end-to-end experience on multiple projects and with the team you’ll be encouraged to define how your projects should run.
You should be well versed in human centred design, know how to understand our customers’ needs and designing products and services that solve problems for them.
What’s a typical day?
You’ll be working on transformational digital healthcare and well-being projects, alongside a rapidly growing, passionate and talented multi-disciplinary digital experience design team. We’re made up of UX designers, UI designers, UX Copywriters and researchers, who are all focused on creating the best digital experiences for our customers.
Alongside project work, we give our designers time to help build the experience design team and shape our process within the wider digital team. We’re led by data and try to show how designing delightful experiences has real business impact. You’ll want to advocate your craft both internally and externally and contribute to the wider design community.
Some days you might be working on a mental health campaign, others you may be helping craft an onboarding journey for one of our digital products. You’ll also be a key contributor to the team’s core projects, like our design systems and our design academy.
We’re offering you the opportunity to build a career as an individual contributor, you’ll be mentored by lead designers, and you’ll be given the ability to mentor and guide other team members whilst challenging the way healthcare is served digitally in the UK.
Who we’re looking for
- A senior product designer who believes design is more than just aesthetics and pretty pictures and that great design should create meaningful and relevant experiences for our customers.
- A positive attitude, self-motivation and strive to improve constantly. Being able to give and receive constructive feedback is a must.
- Someone who can show that open collaboration makes a better product.
- Accustomed to working in a complicated, heavily regulated (FCA) business.
- Experience applying a human centred design process.
- Someone who is able to demonstrate process and design thinking
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and align stakeholders
- Confident presentation skills, comfortable presenting to large audiences up to board level
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Analytical viewpoint with a focus on learning, experimenting and improving
- A credible, collaborative, solution-focused stakeholder manager
- Line management responsibilities for our mid-weight product designers.
- Manage external suppliers and agencies as and when required.
- Have responsibility for supplier & agency budgets.
- Very comfortable using collaborative digital tools such as Figma, Miro and Teams.
- A special interest in an area of design or digital (from motion to voice, interaction to AR, illustration to tooling)
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further. Bupa could be the perfect match.
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? We have a wide range of roles in the UK or Global teams, spread across many areas.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and well-being matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.