This is a key role within our Procurement Team supporting major bids and contracts throughout their lifecycle.
To be considered for this role we would expect you to have demonstrable experience with NEC3 contracts and ideally within a related industry to the ones we operate in, namely IT/Telecoms, Rail, Transport, Construction, Utilities etc.
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing the lasting impact our Team makes. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for managing categories of spend classed as Rail equipment, Indirect Categories and associated products/services across the Rail Projects function
- Responsible to ensure appropriate use of corporate and functional processes and tools
- Responsible for management of internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for leadership and development of a high performing and inclusive procurement team, including Organisation capability and Learning & Development
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the designated commercial strategies for Rail Categories and Indirect Categories across Telent or working closely with other Category owners to deliver same
- Responsible for the creation of strategies for high value and complex categories
- Demonstrable experience in category management in a procurement or commercial environment
- Advantageous to have experience in the Rail industry and of Rail accreditations/systems (RISQS, PADS & similar systems)
- Experience of working with Indirect categories
- Experienced in people / team management
- Experience in developing category plans and strategy
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Car Allowance – Benefit 1
- Employee only medical
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focussed