Senior Payroll Advisor
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing the lasting impact our Team makes. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
This role plays a key role in the delivery of an effective Payroll Service, ensuring team members are paid accurately and on time. The role assists the Payroll Manager in providing a full end to end in-house monthly payroll service covering all employees in UK and Ireland.
As well as the day-to-day processing of the payroll, this role will perform more complex elements of the payroll processing and will also compile/review metrics and focus on maintaining/improving payroll efficiencies.
What you’ll do:
- Processing all elements of monthly payroll including variable pay, benefits, pension, PAYE, NIC, court orders
- Verifying and checking information received for accuracy and compliance with legislation, including sick pay, maternity, paternity, adoption pay, redundancy and PenP calculations
- Supporting the preparation of relevant payroll reports on a monthly, quarterly and year end basis, preparing and reconciling final reports for sign off.
- Assisting with the production and communication of P11D, P60 and year-end payroll processing
- Check exception reports and reconciliations within payroll deadlines, correcting errors, updating systems and carrying out regular checks, as appropriate
- Calculating and processing all statutory pay or statutory returns accurately and to
- deadlines as guided
- Preparing any recovery payment calculations as requested.
Who you are:
You will have hands on practical experience of payroll processing with a good knowledge and understanding of payroll & tax legislation. An ideal candidate would be proficient in payroll software systems, preferably Oracle and intermediate level of Excel in addition to experience of analysing data and being able to present results.
- Working towards or Qualified to Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) Diploma level
- Knowledge and understanding of monthly accounting practices
- Experience of analysing data and being able to present results
- Comfortable working collaboratively to upskill others in the team and help provide expert advice, acting as a coach to ensure tasks and quality standards are met
- Strong interpersonal skills (excellent written and verbal communication skills).
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: