Senior Network Design Engineer
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset office + Work From Home (HYBRID working)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Telent are looking for a Senior level Network Design Engineer to join the ever-growing Network Services team due to an increase in project work. This Senior Network Design Engineer gives you access to one of the UK’s most important nuclear project – it’s a challenging yet rewarding opportunity! This position offers a healthy hybrid working format – you will be expected to be present at least 3-5 days per month in the Bridgwater, Somerset office for collaborative working, and the rest working from home (subject to project demands).
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come and join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Senior Network Design Engineer – What you’ll do:
- Conduct and carry out “Config” / Configuration & Build tasks of Cisco kit and equipment (switches, wired / wireless / NAC – Network Access Controls, Firewalls, WLAN etc)
- Conduct and carry out relevant testing procedures on Cisco kit and equipment (switches, wired / wireless / Cisco NAC – Network Access Controls, Firewalls, WLAN etc)
- Produce documentation that verifies our understanding of the requirements.
- Design and Architect full Network Designs (considering all aspects and layers of Network Architecture and Design Life Cycle)
- Document our approach to the required deliverables with options.
- Produce high-level designs and low-level designs when required.
- Produce detailed design documentation, logical and physical drawings, detailed descriptions and associated sub-topics such as testing and installation specification documents.
- To effectively interface directly with the customer’s technical and operational representatives and flex the solution accordingly.
- To work within Telent’s internal design teams (both face to face and via remote collaboration) and proactively take the lead where appropriate and to work as an individual when required.
- Customer liaison and stakeholder management as and where required.
- Timely and effective progress reporting
Senior Network Design Engineer – Who you are:
The Senior Network Design Engineer will ideally come from a Network Design / Senior Network Engineering and/or Network Security background, possess experience working for multiple customers who have numerous sites amongst their Networks estate. The Senior Network Design Engineer will possess a passion for Network Design, Document writing / Documentation, the ability to produce detailed low level and high-level designs and can technically challenge (and be challenged) on Cisco related Network / Network Security technologies. At present, we are looking for a solid background in Network Configuration, Build and Testing of Cisco Network / Network Security technologies, solid experience and understanding of Cisco ISE and Cisco NAC (Network Access Control), solid experience with and understanding of 802.1x as well as a minimum of 3 years of Network Design Engineering experience. Naturally, you will also be a holder of a Cisco CCNP qualification. This is an Agile working role, so the ideal Network Design Engineer will possess a full UK driving license, and is able to travel to the Bridgwater, Somerset office at least 3-5 days per month to start off with based on project demands.
Senior Network Design Engineer – Key requirements:
- Experienced and well-versed in Network Design and Configuration & Build in both lab and production environments with practical experience of the following:
- TCP/IP, subnets, QoS, routing, switching, IEEE, EAP, PEAP, SDN, VRFs, VLAN, VPC and Network Security
- Routers, switches, firewalls – Palo Alto & FortiGate, Fortinet, WLAN, NAC (Network Access Control), IP telephony (desirable but not essential)
- Experience and understanding of IP routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Network and operating systems and its security principles
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience gained within the power generation industry or a similar environment (engineering)
- Have an understanding of ISO:27001 and ISO:27002 standards
- Ability to demonstrate that safety and nuclear safety, is the key priority
- Ability to apply and adopt the “Zero Harm” principle
- Possess a desire to build robust working relationships beyond company boundaries
- Constantly seeks ways to raise performance levels and encourages others to do so
- Be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding
- Recognise the power of working collaboratively
- Possess resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions, and remaining positive.
Telent – What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Company car allowance scheme
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays, and the option to buy or sell 5 days each year
- Company matched pension scheme (up to 6% contribution is matched)
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focussed