Are you looking to join an agile and colleague centric business, with plenty of development opportunities? If so, come and join us! We are looking for a new Senior Negotiator to join our Claims Fraud department at either our Bexhill or Leicester City site.
Within the Claims Fraud department, you will deal with combating fraudulent claims presented to the business which vary from third party property damage, credit hire, personal injury and any other suspected fraudulent claim matters.
What will you be doing?
- Investigating potentially fraudulent claims
- Investigating liability where required – telephone queries, accident report forms, instructing accident investigators, apply for police reports and any other necessary investigations
- Settling claims in a timely manner, achieving appropriate economical settlements and avoiding financial leakage
- Validating claims to ensure policy is operation
- Ensuring compliance with company regulations at all times including DPA, FCA and TCF
- Communicating via telephone (incoming and outbound) and written correspondence with the policyholder, keeping them updated at all times of any changes in order to bring about resolution of claims
- Realistic and prompt updating of claims reserves onto our internal claims system
- Ensuring each claim is dealt with in line with company/departmental procedure/philosophy and within service standards through to settlement stage in line with personal authorities
- Comply with the MOJ, CPR and Pre-Actoin Protocol when handling personal injury cases in England and Wales
- Making payments in respect of repair accounts, hire accounts, agreed settlement figures, agreed solicitors costs, rehabilitation and treatment invoices and others
- Instructing, under direction, where proceedings issued and liaising to progress case to settlement or trial
- Registering claim with CRU, maintaining up to date certificates, notifying of settlement, querying any inaccurate benefits and paying any amounts due
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents
- Effective communication skills
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of third party claims handling
- Knowledge of indemnity and liability
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct:
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (+ bank holidays on top)
Flexible benefits (buy/sell additional 5 days holiday, healthcare etc.)
Please see the full list of our benefits on our careers page.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.