Senior Management Accountant
Our Business Support teams deliver the vital services to ensure the continued success of our business divisions. These services include HR, Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and Commercial, Estates and Facilities, Core Technology, Corporate Security, IT, and Fleet. Every person in every team is contributing to the lasting impact our Team makes. Help keep the nation’s critical digital infrastructures connected and protected.
Leading a small team of accountants, you will provide dedicated financial support to the Network Services Project Teams and be the first port of call for finance related queries for the senior management team. The role is crucial in driving the Network Services business to exceed its financial targets through accurate reporting, robust forecasting, and rigorous financial review.
This is an opportunity to make a real difference through regular engagement with the Project and Senior Management Teams. A key member of the team with a remit to challenge and improve the financial outturn through a deep understanding of not just accounting but the business, environment and services/solutions offered.
What you’ll do:
- The key interface for the Wireless Director and Service Director with the remit to building a strong understanding of the business and mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Working closely to support the Finance Business Partner and deputising if they are away.
- Working with your team and the Project organisation to provide robust financial support for a portfolio of projects.
- Project & Month End Accounting – Order, Sales & Margin for Network Services Business
- Working Capital Analysis – with emphasis on accurate cash forecasting and working capital management and owning the inputs into the total NS numbers
- Monthly cash forecasting for project portfolio to be consolidated into the total NS numbers.
- Manage and develop the existing team to deliver a best-in-class service to the business.
- Support to the Bid Winning process where appropriate and ongoing support of new wins.
- Identifying areas of improvements focusing on streamlining processes and improving accuracy and timeliness of information
- Input to Monthly Business & Contract Reviews focusing on driving profitability, identifying risks/opportunities, and addressing forecast accuracy.
- Budgeting & Forecasting – coordination and ownership of inputs into the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts using PBCS and monthly Latest Views for Business Reporting.
- Key to being able to provide the level of support and review will be embedding yourself in the project and finance teams and for this reason the expectation is that the role will require on average 2 days a week in the office – at least 1 with the business you support and the other with your finance team.
Who you are:
This role would be ideal for a person who can work in a busy and sometimes pressured department. A strong attention to detail is a must for this role, an ability to manage your time and workload successfully and to liaise with others across all levels.
- Qualified accountant – CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Strong project experience.
- Experience of leading and developing teams.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders, deadlines and deliverables at the same time and meeting them.
- Able to motivate the team and yourself to go the extra mile to deliver.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex accounting issues to non-financial people.
- Honesty, integrity, and attention to detail is a given as is ownership and delivery.
- Fostering a strong team ethos built on trust and respect that works together to meet the deadlines, delivers best in class service, and encourages growth within the team.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: