Hastings Direct is seeking a motivated Senior Developer to join our expanding team. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate strong technical acumen, and solid experience in delivering quality technical solutions. Guidewire experience while not essential would be an advantage. Ability to balance technical development experience with strong communication skills in a fast paced environment is a must in our environment.
Working closely with our Business stakeholders, Project Managers and testing teams, it’s your job to ensure the software development changes are aligned to requirements driving expected business outcomes.
Curiosity is essential in this role, as is the ability to coach and mentor others in the team.
This is a great opportunity to drive solutions in a valued technical team.
Your Remit will include the following
- Provide technical leadership, enforcing the vision of the application architecture and integrity of the application environment in alliance with architects and other technical colleagues
- Participate in development; oversees code reviews and sets standards for development practices
- Partners with the project team to provide estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs and systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts,
- Mentor, coach and train team members and peers, both internal and vendor partners, to enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision.
- Develop code that conforms to Hastings Direct coding standards and industry best practices.
- Work closely with development team, BA’s, App managers, Senior QA testers and architects using Agile methodology.
- Passionate about the value of testing, and experience in TDD or BDD frameworks
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same. Required experience
- Practical experience working as a Senior Java supporting and developing enterprise level software
- 5+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications
- Experience leading software development teams.
- Experience in Guidewire InsuranceSuite would be preferred
- Experience with web service hosting and consuming, using the Guidewire EDGE Layer is preferred.
- Experience designing/developing Rest API or Json RPC implementations is preferred.
- Experience with JBOSS, Weblogic, WebSphere or similar Application Server.
- Experience with issue and tracking software such as Rally, Jira, Octane,
- Experience with source code management systems like GIT.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with database access tools like TOAD or SQL Developer.
- Experience with XML technologies (XSD, Xpath, Xquery, XSL, and XSLT).
- Experience executing in Agile life cycle.
Benefits for you
Please find below some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Flexible working opportunities
- £5000 annual car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Up to 10% pension contribution
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.