Clare House Care Home, 176 Harefield Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1PP
It’s the small things that often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as a Housekeeping Supervisor at Clare House Care Home in Uxbridge to help us be the positive difference to our resident’s lives.
- Always ensuring high standards of cleanliness within our home, you’ll work closely with the maintenance and management teams to ensure every room is well looked after
- Leading by example, you will vacuum, mop floors, polish and generally ensure the up-keep of all communal areas and our resident’s bedrooms
- Supervising housekeeping and laundry assistants, you’ll manage staff rotas, any training that is required and ensure that all housekeeping and domestic items are in stock or replenished accordingly
You’ll have experience in a housekeeping role, always completing work to high standards and take pride in maintaining an organised environment. With strong communication skills, you’ll be able to confidently lead and motivate a team to deliver the best service, but you’ll also be happy working independently, prioritising and delegating tasks amongst your team where necessary. With an approachable and caring nature, you will enjoy getting to know each of our residents as well as working closely with other teams.
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Just over a mile from Uxbridge, Clare House offers a wide range of care including nursing and residential care, as well as providing support for those living with Parkinson’s. The home has a friendly feel where the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.