Senior Global Accountant
London (near Bank of England)
£65,000 – £70,000 base salary + Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Private Health
35 hours p/week
Closing date: 27th June 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. Based in our central London office, the Senior Global Accountant is a prestigious position within Bupa Group Finance. Importantly, you will have a positive impact; supporting Bupa’s purpose to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our Global operations. The Senior Global Accountant
What you’ll be doing…
- Preparation & review of Bupa’s Group consolidated statutory accounts
- Prepare Board level financial data
- Lead on the preparation of financial reporting (Half-Year & Full-Year)
- Management and development of junior finance colleagues
- Support Bupa’s Hong Kong finance team
- Reviewing financial controls
- Support development of IFRS16 tool
What’s a typical day?
- Managing statutory reporting process
- Liaising with senior stakeholders in London & global offices (e.g. Australia)
- Reviewing complex financial data
- Mentoring finance Graduate
Who we’re looking for?
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA with significant post-qualified experience
- Ideally from a global corporation (e.g. blue-chip insurance)
- Previous experience of driving improvements (financial controls)
- IFRS16, UK GAAP, Group Consolidations
- Advanced Excel, Presentation & strong communication skills
- Senior stakeholder management experience
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/