NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
NATS is recruiting a Senior Engineer to join our Voice Communications Support Team who provide technical support within our Prestwick operational centre.
- Performing day to day and strategic administration, diagnosis and repair on our ATC communications systems at Prestwick Centre to agreed operational levels.
- Supporting projects for system design changes, upgrades and enhancements of our ATC communications systems.
- Mentoring other engineers in engineering best practice.
- Producing engineering instructions to ensure that systems are operated and maintained in a safe and professional manner.
- Take part in rostered on call arrangements with a 1-hour response time to the Prestwick site
Essential skills and experience:
- Higher National Certificate (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering related discipline.
- Knowledge of Voice Communication systems such PBX and VOIP.
- Experience of working with electronics systems in an operational environment.
- Qualification in Computer networks would be an advantage (CCNA for example)
- Knowledge of ground-ground and air/ground communication networks would be an advantage.
- Ability to lead and mentor a small team.
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and precise manner.
- A flexible and adaptive mindset in an environment of continuous technology platform changes.
Additional vacancy information:
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.