Role Purpose/ Summary:
The role is to replace a senior editor with expertise in Finance law. The role holder will be required to write and review new content for our online legal knowhow services relating to Finance law, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring that all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and the needs of customers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Researching, writing and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Ensuring that you keep up to date with law and market developments and that the content for which you are responsible is also maintained so that it continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Responding to questions from customers about our published content and legal practice.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or insights to improve content.
- Supporting marketing and sales and other parts of the business to ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in practice
- Qualification as a legal professional in England and Wales
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Experience in assimilating and applying new and complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of legal research databases.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister in England and Wales.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Closing Date: Undisclosed