Senior Domiciliary Care Assistant
Richmond Village, Stroud Rd , Painswick, Stroud, GL6 6UL
As a Senior Domiciliary Care Assistant at a Richmond Village, you’ll help residents to truly get the most out of life and in return we’ll support you to get the most out of your career. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – set in beautiful grounds, our residents all live within walking distance of each other. We’re currently looking for a Senior Domiciliary Care Assistant to promote and support the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of our residents at Richmond Painswick.
Working hours and salary
£10.04 – £11.28ph plus Excellent Benefits
Days shifts available
28 hrs per wk
Flexible Shifts available 4 – 12 hrs available
What your typical day involves
- Leading the on-going assessment, planning and evaluation of care for our residents, designating duties to the care team where appropriate
- Assisting the Domiciliary Care Manager with operational activities such as induction of new staff, training and auditing care plans and practises within the village
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care in their own homes within the Village. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes as appropriate
- Working with the Domiciliary Care Manager and other external professionals such as GPs, Chiropodists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists where appropriate
- Keeping accurate records – maintaining full documentation at all times to show care given, activities and any changes to their health
- Helping to promote mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, supporting them to walk, engaging in hobbies and interests or enabling them to participate in organised activities, where appropriate
- Administering medication in line with the Bupa medication policy assisting residents with ordering their medication and ensuring accurate records are maintained
Who we’re looking for
You have experience of working in a care or dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, but above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others. Respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Richmond Painswick is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with 24 en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in the beautiful Cotswolds, on the southern slopes of Painswick in Gloucestershire. The village is just off Stroud Road near Stamages Lane Car Park and there is a bus stop on Stroud Road just before Cotswold Mead, just a 3-minute walk from the village. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Painswick. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.