We’re looking for an insightful and innovative analyst to join our Credit and Debt Family. You’ll be part of our credit team responsible for using analysis to build understanding of our debt book, drive improvements to our operation and processes and mitigate debt risks.
You’ll work with data across our debt book, customer base and from our processes, systems and operation to identify areas we can improve and trends that we need to be aware of to minimise our bad debt charge, optimise our collections activity and improve our customer experience.
You will work very closely with the Credit Operations team and the wider data community and be a point of support and expertise for the less experienced analysts within the team. Driving a scientific approach to testing hypotheses and improving our performance will be a key part of your role.
This role will give you the opportunity to make a real and visible impact on our bottom line and the experience of our customers.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Analysing our debt book, processes and operational performance both in
collections and upstream.
● Collaborating to develop our debt strategy and proposing new approaches and changes.
● Understanding and articulating the impact of those strategies on all parts of the organisation.
● Identifying and investigating the root cause behind changes in our debt book –
and working out how to resolve and mitigate.
● Developing our data intensive processes with a view to automating and
optimising these. Responding quickly to changing business needs.
● Supporting the Credit Operations leadership to give insight into how to optimise credit strategy based on risk.
● Supporting operational processes by providing key data items.
Are we a match?
● Able to influence and understand the impact of the strategy across a broader
context with a good understanding of Credit, Collections and Debt Prevention.
● Passionate about applying technology to solve problems. Comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
● Confident working with data tools and languages – ideally SQL, Python and
● Driven to support colleagues to develop their capabilities and to provide support and advice.
● Pragmatic – able to find the solution that balances accuracy with delivery
● Curious, with a proven ability to learn quickly, independently research and apply
new tools, techniques and ideas as well as exploring different options
● Commercially aware – experience working in a commercial environment,
experienced working in a debt environment
● Bold – Challenging ideas and processes even when they’re the established
orthodoxy, always looking for ways we can do better.
What else do I need to know?
● We’ll have regular team socials and a corporate Deliveroo account for when the need arises
● Competitive salary
● 26 days holiday plus bank holidays – this includes a guarantee of for your
birthday if you want it
● A generous pension scheme
● The chance to choose from our Flexible Benefits range
● Can be based anywhere in the UK, with travel to sites when required – Bolton,
London, Leicester and Nottingham
● Closing date – Monday 14th Feb 2022
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share, remote working and variable start and finishing times.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we will require flexibility for you to work both at home and on site, any equipment needed for you to complete your role will be provided and we will be here to support you throughout this.