Reporting to the Data Governance Manager, the Senior Data Governance Analyst will be a key member of Reach’s growing data team and will help shape and set the direction of a brand new function.
You will help design and roll out an effective Data Governance framework that focuses on improving Reach’s data management practices. You’re likely to do this via policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture by serving as an advocate for all Data Governance initiatives
100% Home based (UK & Ireland). Our HQ is in Canary Wharf and we are happy for you to come in on occasion to meet with the team.
So, who are we?
Every day our newsbrands – national and regional, in print and online – reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK’s largest news publisher and 5th largest digital platform.
There are 47m online readers in the UK, 30.8m of who get local news from the Live network – 65% of all adults. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- You will champion the maintenance and improvement of Reach’s data assets, making sure we know how to use data in a safe and compliant manner.
- You will analyse and understand how data is managed and governed in Reach Plc’s data platforms, providing analytical expertise in the governance, interpretation and maintenance of data.
- You will help design, implement and continuously develop an effective Data Ownership framework; work with Data Owners and Stewards to design and monitor KPIs relating to Data Management.
- Championing the Data Governance network, you will be running workshops and working groups to help engage with Data Owners and Steward and key data champions across the business, promoting a collaborative, cross-functional approach to data knowledge sharing.
- Supporting the Data Governance Manager, your core focuses will include working with the Product Lead of the main Data Platforms team, to make sure Data Management best practices are fully defined and embedded
- You will design and author end-to-end data documentation to enable engagement and governance activities as well as implement scalable data governance within key data driven processes
- You will work closely with colleagues across Data Quality, Data Architecture and Business Architecture creating and maintaining key Data Management artefacts and documentation such as Data Set and Asset Catalogues, Data Dictionaries, Data Flows and Lineages, etc.
The ideal candidate
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in Data Governance Management (ideally including roles in media companies or technology companies)
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following data governance areas: data ownership, metadata management, data cataloguing and lineage, data policies, and data standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels when guiding, rolling out and adherence of data governance best practices, standards and policies to technical and non technical teams
- Good experience/understanding of all elements of data engineering, visualization, analytics, personalisation, and machine learning.
- Ability to work effectively remotely and resourcefully, with remote teams and stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the GDPR (and/or similar data protection / privacy regulations) requirements, processes and solutions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to research and resolve complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Good experience in defining, designing and implementing policies, standards, guidelines, tools, metrics and standards for data management and governance framework.
- We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 100% home based (UK & Ireland)
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare & Dental
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!