Senior Data Engineer
It’s an exciting time for us as we continue to transform our business, to meet out Pricing, Data and Analytics strategic ambitions. We’re looking for people with a curious mindset and customer focus to join us on our journey.
Collaborating with some of the sharpest minds in the industry, our team of Data Engineers, Actuaries, Data Science and Pricing professionals are working together to leverage powerful insights. You’ll be developing, maintaining, and improving both existing and new processes for data ingestion to build new cloud architecture.
Based either remotely, or in our London or Bexhill offices with flexible working available.
How you will make a difference:
- Managing large data engineering projects from inception to completion, including management of other team members’ tasks.
- Developing, constructing and testing our architectures and databases.
- Set up automated data pipelines to deliver regular extracts and reports with minimal user intervention.
- Interrogate data issues to help drive continuous improvement in data quality.
- Investigate and evaluate new tools and techniques to support data processing, analytics and self service
What we’re looking for:
As a leading insurer this role is critical to our delivery and success – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is important.
You will have an excellent understanding of data engineering, database architecture and querying using SQL.
You will have a minimum of 3 years programming experience using languages such as SQL and R/Python
You will have enthusiasm for innovation with a proven track record of researching and identifying optimum tools and methods for solving complex data problems.
Experience working with Snowflake, Azure, Databricks or Hadoop would be advantageous.
What we will give you:
We’ve got big growth plans for our business, joining our Pricing Data and Analytics team will be like joining a new start up that happens to be attached to a growing and successful motor insurer with the capital needed to invest and succeed in analytical expertise.
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
- A real opportunity to get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and customer focussed environment
- Highly competitive basic salary
- £5k P/A car allowance
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days annual leave
- Life assurance
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.