Our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help drive our continued growth through the power of data and digital trends.
About the role
- Manage large data engineering projects from inception to completion, including management of other team members’ tasks.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures and databases.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to elaborate requirements for new data products and translate these into technical plans.
- Investigate and elaborate data issues to help drive continuous improvement in data quality.
- Maintain process quality and robustness through coding best practice, including version control, documentation and peer review.
- Represent the team and influence the direction of key company projects in cross-functional working groups.
You have a minimum 2:1 in a relevant technical degree and at least 3 years’ programming experience using any language such as Python, Scala, C# etc.
You are enthusiastic about innovation, with a proven track record of researching and identifying optimum tools and methods for solving complex data problems.
You have a good understanding of database architecture and querying using SQL, with a minimum 3 years post-university experience.
Your experience includes building strong relationships with stakeholders and you have a proven track record of effectively interacting with senior leadership. Shaping ideas into words and ambiguity into results, so a versatile and action orientated approach, is highly important in this role.
Benefits for you
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential.
- £5k car allowance.
- 27 days holiday.
- Life assurance.
- Competitive pension of up to 10%.
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays.
- Discounted Hastings Direct products.
- To find out more about what we can offer you, click here.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.