Senior Control and Standards Manager
Manchester or Brighton
12 month FTC
Full time, 37.5 hours
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? At Bupa we have a range of roles spread across many areas for you to choose from.
From global teams to developing our activity within the UK. All of our professional roles play a key role in delivering on our purpose.
What you’ll be doing
Your role will be to lead, manage and develop a team responsible for driving tangible improvements to the Bupa Internal Control environment. Supporting the team to ensure appropriate risk management, Key Controls and oversight are developed and implemented across BINS/BISL.
What’s a typical day?
Through the effective management of the team, maintain and develop a Key Control Catalogue that aims to manage risks inherent to within tolerance and provide accurate and meaningful MI to inform business actions, ensuring that correct customer and business outcomes are being delivered and that Bupa Insurance standards, values and regulatory requirements are being met. Where control deficiencies are identified the team will agree SMART actions and oversee them until satisfactory closure.
The Senior Control and Standards manager will be experienced in Financial Services operations and managing effective risk management and control frameworks. This will include, but not be limited to: documenting Key Controls, reporting on Key Control performance and assurance oversight of Key Control testing. There will be a requirement to provide regular reporting of Key Control performance across BINS/BISL and to ensure that the Risk Management reporting tool is accurately maintained to reflect the control environment.
Who we’re looking for?
- Significant experience in UK Financial Services and held successful management positions where risk management and control performance have been key
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective key controls to appropriately manage risks inherent in business areas
- Proven experience in ability to identify, conduct, operational, regulatory and prudential risks to the business
- Significant experience of using compliance as an enabler to improve operational processes and achieve fair customer outcomes
- A working knowledge of the FCA handbook, ICOBS, and wider regulatory requirements including TCF, information security and financial crime
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation/influencing skills with an ability to articulate complex regulatory & operational concepts in a style suitable for the audience
- Objective, analytical and lateral strategic thinker with clear direction and focus
- A strong and experienced people leader and senior stakeholder manager
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise, plan, work under pressure and manage multiple and diverse business stakeholders
- Solutions-focused to assist the business on moving forward with effective control management and reporting
- Highly organised with the ability to apply effective document version control procedures
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.