We currently require a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our growing team as part of our ongoing digital transformation programme. This is a key position within the team and will hold authority for our cloud infrastructure enabling the business to achieve our ambitious digital goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a lead role in Greenfield projects for one of the UK’s fastest growing insurers.
The position is initially being offered as a 12 month fixed term contract with permanent opportunities very likely at the end.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Being a subject matter expert for the delivery of new cloud solution on either AWS or Azure
- Contribute to project and resource plans enabling maximum efficiency
- Offer SME support to the current project team managing cloud platforms including PaaS, SaaS, Hybrid cloud platforms and virtualisation technologies
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the strategic application of technology
- Help diagnose and resolve third level technical issues relating to the Cloud platforms
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience in the following;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Cloud Engineer with either AWS or Azure
- Proven experience of building out Cloud services from the ground up, including building supplier relationships, setting up new services and providing SME support across businesses
- Experience of designing, implementing and running both private and public hybrid cloud platforms
- A comprehensive Knowledge of enterprise server operations including hyper-converged solutions (Nutanix preferred), Citrix VDI (XenDesktop), virtualisation technologies (VMware), storage (HP or Nutanix) and network (HP, Cisco and Juniper) technologies is desirable.
Benefits for you;
- Excellent basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Excellent pension contributions
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.