Due to the ongoing growth and development here at Hastings Direct, we are looking for an experienced Senior CI Manager to join our transformation team and play a part in our journey to become the biggest and best digital insurer. We’re bold in our ambition and therefore looking for Six Sigma and/or Lean Black Belt qualified individuals who have that special passion and hunger to lead and drive change in an exciting and dynamic environment.
This role can be based at either our Bexhill or Leicester office (with flexible working options). However, if you do live further afield, we can discuss options with you upon application – we’d still love to hear from you!
We want to develop a culture which understands, protects and improves our Customers’ experiences and this role will play a crucial part in delivering this purpose. By identifying and prioritising improvement opportunities, you will be delivering significant improvements by using appropriate methodologies for multi departments and sites and organise/manage teams during the lifecycle of the improvement activity. We are looking for some who can develop and adapt improvement approaches through maintaining a good understanding of the latest global CI trends and changes.
You will support the training, coaching and mentoring of our CI Managers on the appropriate methodologies to ensure the delivery of successful CI projects alongside the development of Green Belt capabilities across the company.
What will you be doing?
- Delivery of agreed improvements of CI projects using appropriate methodologies (e.g. DMAIC, DDIS) for multi-department/sites
- Leading all gateway reviews for your own projects and supporting CI Managers through theirs to ensure engagement and authorisation
- Systematic identification and prioritisation of improvement opportunities
- Shaping the appropriate approach for the improvement activity
- Deliver the expected improvement through agreed approach, in time and within agreed budget/cost
- Implementation of suitable approach to ensure successful improvements sustain over time
- Facilitate appropriate sign off through each gateway through effective stakeholder management
- Ensure adherence to the continuous improvement governance model and standards
We’re looking for people who have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an accredited Six Sigma and/or Lean Black Belt in Service industries (financial services advantageous)
- Experience in deployment of Systems Thinking, Performance Management Systems and departmental/value stream transformations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience of successful engagement influence of Senior Management during project lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven success in leadership of self and development of others
- Effective and structured risk management and mitigation, ensuring delivery of expected improvements
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable base salary
Up to 10% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
Pension match up to 10%
A supportive, dynamic and flexible environment
Broad exposure to senior management
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.