Richmond Cheltenham, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. As a Senior Care Assistant at Richmond Cheltenham, not only will you be helping people to truly get the most out of life, but you’ll also be supported to get the most out of your career too.
Working hours and salary
£10.55 per hour plus excellent benefits
Bank – Days
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as a bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Administering medication in line with Richmond Village medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes; serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities; assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the Village (day shifts only)
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties; updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
With experience of working in a care or dementia setting, you’ll hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care or be working towards it. You’re passionate about caring for others, sensitive to people’s choices and always putting the safety and welfare of those you care for first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
Who we are
Richmond Cheltenham is a brand-new retirement village located in the attractive spa town well known for its festivals of culture and racecourse. Heralded, due to its abundance of mineral springs, as a health and holiday resort in the 18th century, Cheltenham remains one of the most sought-after locations to live well in the UK.
Providing a perfect opportunity to retire in style, Richmond retirement suites are available to buy or rent. Lifestyle and care packages are available to make daily life completely enjoyable and worry-free. There is also a beautiful care home at the heart of the village providing a higher level of support to those who require nursing or residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age