Senior Care Assistant
Up to £10.88 per hour (depending on skills and experience) + excellent benefits
Knights Grove Care Home – North Baddesley, Southampton SO52 9EW
CQC Rating – OUTSTANDING
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at Knights Grove Care Home in North Baddesley.
Working hours and salary
Up to £10.88 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Full-time and part-time positions available
7am – 7pm day and 7pm – 7am night shifts available
What the role of a Senior Care Assistant involves
- Leading a team of Care Assistants to provide the highest standards of care to our residents
- Administering medication in line with the Bupa medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
- Helping with training and supervision of new staff members to ensure they’re welcomed and supported
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing and toileting
- Supporting the Nurse to observe and review care planning needs, updating food, fluid and stool charts as well as supplementary files and daily notes
- Building relationships with residents, their families, and external teams such as GPs and District Nurses
- Supporting the team during activities and at meal times
Who we’re looking for
You have previous experience working in a Senior Care Assistant role and want to make a difference to people’s lives. An NVQ3 in care (or equivalent) would be desirable and you will need to complete Bupa medication awareness training. From your experience, you’ll know there will be challenging days, but you’ll you also know you will laugh, joke, listen and make lasting memories with our residents as you get to know them. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.