Senior Care Assistant
Richmond Aston-on-Trent,Richmond Drive,Aston-on-Trent,Derbyshire DE72 2EA
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. As a Senior Care Assistant at Aston-on-Trent, not only will you be helping people to truly get the most out of life, but you’ll also be supported to get the most out of your career too.
Working hours and salary
£9.84ph – £10.81ph D.O.E
Full time and part time contracts available
Days and Nights required
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as a bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- Administering medication in line with Richmond Village medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- Supporting at mealtimes; serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Attending planned activities; assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the Village (day shifts only)
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties; updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we’re looking for
With experience of working in a care or dementia setting, you’ll hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care or be working towards it. You’re passionate about caring for others, sensitive to people’s choices and always putting the safety and welfare of those you care for first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent.
Situated on the River Trent and mentioned in the Doomsday Book, Aston-on-Trent has always been a lively agricultural community. Today, much of the village is now a conservation area and contains many old and fascinating buildings. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: RIC01Q6_1605700346
Salary: £9.84 - £10.81 per hour
Salary From: £9.84
Salary To: £10.81
Job Industries: Social Care
Job Locations: Derbyshire
Job Types: Permanent