We currently have a number of exciting opportunities for Senior and Lead Business Analysts to join our Digital & Change team here at Hastings Direct. You will be responsible for the creation of detailed business analysis for multiple large scale projects, managing a team of Business Analysts to evaluate current business systems and processes against customer and operational needs, whilst delivering to the agreed scope, cost, quality and time objectives.
We are looking for hands-on creative and inspiring leaders who have a detailed understanding of the Insurance industry to deliver technology solutions to help us on our way to become the UK’s biggest and best digital insurer. We are looking for candidates who have a positive and proactive approach, enjoy solving problems and can successfully manage and coach their team to deliver large projects in our digital and change division.
About the role:
- Direct line management of Business Analysts and Junior Business Analysts
- Create detailed business analysis for a large project or multiple medium sized projects
- Evaluate business systems and processes, end to end against user needs to formulate and document changes, delivering to agreed scope, cost, quality and time objectives
- Interpret data and translate user requirements into detailed specifications that are clear and concise and without ambiguity
- Leading and facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders to establish requirements during project initiation
- Provide development, coaching and mentoring to Business Analysts
- Work closely with third party providers where applicable to the project
- Engage with stakeholders, articulating complex solutions in a business language to enable the business user to understand solutions
- Effective identification, management and reporting of risk within your area of responsibility to the Project Manager or Scrum Master.
- Work alongside all Business Analysts to share best practices, learnings across the portfolio and ensure awareness of all projects and change
- 5+ years experience as a Business Analyst gained within the insurance industry
- Strong domain knowledge of insurance, ideally with personal lines products, including commercial direction, strategy, regulation, operational impacts and technology solutions
- Management experience of Business Analysts/Junior Business Analysts
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Detailed analytical abilities, inquisitive nature and not settling until all questions answered and understood.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely in order for members of change and non-change areas to understand quickly and make appropriate business decisions
- Able to draw out the key risks and opportunities, and able to summarise succinctly both verbally and in report format
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working with Head Of and Director level colleagues
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 10% matching pension
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.