Senior Actuarial Consultant
London / Staines (Surrey)
£40,000 – £50,000 base salary, Bonus, Pension, Private Health
Permanent – 37.5 hours p/week
Closing date: 9th October 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. Bupa’s Actuarial teams are a vital component in delivering on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
As a Senior Actuarial Consultant you will be supporting the production of claims estimates and the forecasting processes, performing experience analyses and modelling reserves. Providing actuarial advice and support across all lines of business.
The role can be based in our London or Staines office. Great opportunity for a senior part qualified actuary with industry experience to drive career forward at UK leading healthcare business.
What you’ll be doing…
- Deliver Claims estimates on Bupa insurance products (PMI, Dental, Travel)
- Support the monthly and annual forecasting processes
- Support projects by assisting the development of actuarial and statistical solutions to specific business problems
- Assist the Technical Actuarial team in achievement of its commercial objectives
- Support business strategy
- Liaise with Commercial and Pricing teams
Who we’re looking for?
- Part-qualified Actuary; completed all Core Principles and Core Practices exams of IFoA qualifications (or equivalent) or relevant experience
- Some knowledge of general insurance or health markets.
- Knowledge of some of the following types of models or techniques: Chain Ladder, Bornhuetter-Ferguson, bootstrapping reserving techniques; Cash flow modelling; Stress and Scenario modelling.
- Strong numerical skills demonstrated through previous experience.
- Excellent in presenting all types of information including complex data
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well organised and self-sufficient to ensure work to agreed deadlines.
- Capable of applying analytics and data modelling to business situations.
- A proactive mindset, experience of challenging requirements and exploring new directions from results of analyses
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance.
Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 years. Your health and well-being matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free on-site gyms (local gym discounts where no on-site gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/