The role: Security Officer
Location: London (Middlesex Street E1 7HT)
Contract: Full time, 37.5 hrs per week
Monday to Friday 2.00pm to 10.30pm
Package: competitive salary + benefits
About the Position:
Are you a qualified Security Officer with a relevant SIA Door Supervisor Licence? Are you an expert at conflict-management and dealing with crowds? Do you want to work in an environment that consists of international students? Yes? Then read on…
Here at QAHE, we’re looking for a full-time Security Officer to deliver a campus security service by monitoring students, staff, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft, unauthorised admittance and to maintain security of the premises. Hours of work are Mon to Fri 2.00pm to 10.30pm.
The main aspects of this exciting role are:
- Ensure all security procedures are followed, carrying out required checks and processes to provide a safe environment
- Provide a reception service – respond to incoming telephone calls in a timely and professional manner, meet and greet all visitors, students and staff.
- Reporting of faults, incidents management using the MyTag system and signing in external contractors.
- Ensure any new students are directed to the Student Services Department to be issued with a pass
- Building patrols – internal & External. Carried out before opening, hourly during- operational hours and a lockdown patrol before closing the building daily.
- Ensure any visitors to the building are registered and issued with a Building Visitor Pass.
- Respond to any building alarms and investigate disturbances
- Write reports of any irregularities including equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons or unusual occurrences
- Record facilities issues on the facilities log for the Facilities Team to action
- Maintain an up to date understanding of QA’s Health & Safety policy
- Help co-ordinate evacuation of the centre in the event of an emergency and to provide support and co-ordination of calls for First Aid, Risk Assessments, Health & Safety issues etc.
- Patrol the site to secure the building – ensure all doors and windows are locked and the alarm set
(Scroll to the bottom of this advert to read the full Job-Description)
This role would be a great fit if you’ve at least a year’s experience, have worked in a customer-service role, and have conflict-resolution experience.
We’d love you to be able to tick the following boxes, too:
- Calm under pressure
- Fully committed to full-time hours
- A great people-person!
#LifeatQA #QA #theresnoplacelikeqa #LI-CC2 #LI-hybrid #hiring
And we can offer you the following in return for your hard work…
This is a very community-minded team and taking time for us is so important these days which is why we dedicate some of our benefits to support your health & wellbeing. These include: 27 days holiday each year, holiday buying scheme, Medicash plan, Gympass, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and 2 days per year charity leave.
In addition to pension, group income protection and life assurance, QA are offering you an annual pay review, access to our employee discounts benefit hub with hundreds of deals and savings on goods and experiences, season ticket loan, tech scheme and an employee referral scheme.
Learning and opportunity is at the core of what we do – and you’ll have the unique opportunity to develop your skills on our QA authored courses in the latest tech (you’ll get 3 training days/year to do this).
We are an equal opportunity employer, focused on promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment. We embrace diversity, welcome applications from all candidates and aim to support the career growth of everyone. This means no matter what your characteristics, we welcome you and the alternative perspectives you bring to our diverse family. We’re proud of the progress we’ve achieved over the last few years to build an inclusive culture and celebrate our diversity – our rankings on The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List testify to this.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer. All applicants with a disability who fulfil the role criteria will be progressed to the next stage of the process. Please let us know what reasonable adjustment, if any, you require.
A little more about QA Higher Education?
At QA, our mission is powering people’s potential.
We’re the UK’s leading provider of tech and digital skills, including funded workplace learning programmes, university programmes, and apprenticeships. As part of the QA Group, we believe that everything starts with our students. Transforming their careers and their lives is what motivates and inspires us.
From courses in Business to Cyber Security and more, we work closely with our partner universities to provide excellent teaching. We’re proud that all our programmes are taught by industry experts and range from foundation programmes right the way through to postgraduate degrees.
If this is what you’re looking for, here are the next steps:
Hit the apply button and register on our QA website to fill out our quick and easy application form. If you’re shortlisted, then Charlie Crick from our Talent Acquisition Team will reach out to you.