SCADA Software CRE
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work within our Rail Division. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
We are currently seeking an experienced SCADA Software CRE to join our expanding Rail Systems Engineering team. You’ll be working in a part of Telent that is dedicated to maintaining the UK wide rail network. Our customers include Network Rail and a host of Train Operating Companies. Working with a multi-disciplined technical team, you will be responsible for requirements verification activities associated with the design, development & test of the TPCMS SCADA & Remote Secure software application solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Completion of CRE activities in accordance with Network Rail standard Engineering Management for Projects NR/L2/INI/02009.
- Requirements verification process associated with the design and development of the TPCMS application for V3.2.3, V5.x & the Remote Secure Project.
- Review of related documentation and attendance of Interdisciplinary Design Checks (IDC) and Interdisciplinary Design Reviews (IDR).
- Review of TPCMS application test strategies to ensure that functional requirements are adequately validated at each phase of test (QA, FAT, SAT).
- Review of TPCMS Safety Case criteria in relation to the function and performance of the TPCMS application.
- Working alongside the Project CEM, the Software CRE will ensure the V lifecycle processes are adhered to in line with the project requirements.
- Leading engineering verification activities for the SCADA & RS projects, as directed by the Chief Engineer.
- Act as a single point of contact to the client
- Undertake design reviews and quality checks of designs produced by the engineering teams.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation, along with Client and Telent specified procedures.
- Drive innovation, efficiency, and cost reduction, through a culture of continuous improvement.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Software CRE to act as our subject matter expert and take the technical lead, supporting both the client and internal Telent team. You will have previous experience within a very similar role. You will have good SCADA technical experience.
- You will have experience in the successful delivery/assurance of software products and services, SCADA. This will have been through technical leadership of a small to medium sized multi-disciplined team.
- You will be fully aware of the current legislation associated with products and services in the UK market and have experience of the systems required to enable their successful delivery.
- You will have proven knowledge in the commercial and financial aspects of delivery, in support of a Senior Management team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate within a project team.
- Aware of BS EN61508 & BS EN50128, SIL Assurance
- Full Driving Licence.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Car Allowance
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.