Registered Nurse- Maternity Cover – 26 hours
Purpose of Job:
To provide and supervise the delivery of high quality nursing care to residents in accordance with up-to-date, evidence-based professional practice and company policies.
1. Delegate but ensure new residents are orientated into their surroundings and introduced to residents and staff, and the appropriate documentation is completed on time.
2. Assess the resident’s physical, psychological and social needs and draw up a care profile taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender and background of the resident and involve the patient, family and multi-disciplinary team.
3. Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the resident’s needs and within the ‘named nurse’ system. Ensure the named nurse system is kept up-to-date.
4. Continuously evaluate care needs with other members of the nursing team and ensure that care plans and records are up-to-date and accurate. Continually seek to improve the care delivered to residents.
5. Help residents to understand the ageing process and how if affects their health and lifestyle. Visit each resident daily to assess their needs and assist residents to maximise their comfort, dignity and independence and create the right environment which supports their physical and mental well-being.
6. Lead a multi-disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including orientation of new staff, appraisal, training and development of care staff, organising and coordinating their duties, guiding, supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
7. Ensure that documentation relating to the delivery of care is completed accurately, legibly and in accordance with company standards. Participate in the formal audit process at the request of the Home Manager.
8. Comply with the NMC Code of Conduct at all times and ensure processes are adhered to for the safe ordering, custody, storing, disposing and administration of all medication. Accept responsibility for the safety of medication in store and on the trolley during dispensing rounds.
9. Manage stocks of all supplies effectively and economically and ensure the timely order of replenishment stocks.
10. Work co-operatively with activities staff to ensure residents spiritual and social needs are met.
11. Proactively develop professional and clinical skills in order to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for safe and effective practice.
12. Contribute to the development of new ideas in nursing and social care in respect of stimulation for residents to improve their quality of life.
13. Participate in continuous process improvements and make recommendations for change with regard to clinical and non-clinical policy.
14. Participate in an on-call rota if assessed to be competent.
15. Assist with the investigation of any complaints.
16. Keep the Head of Unit informed of any relevant issues.
RMN only, in addition to the above
17. Maintain detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
Bupa is committed to providing professional, respectful and quality care, whilst maintaining exceptional standards to ensure residents enjoy the highest quality of life. All employees are required to:
* Make a difference to the lives of older people and adults with a disability. Residents will be encouraged to maintain independence and choice in a homely environment.
* Show courtesy and respect to residents and relatives and retain the confidentiality of residents and their families at all times.
* Greet all visitors in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Bupa and the post-holders home in particular, positively in the local community.
* Maintain good working relations with all colleagues at all times. In order that the Company may maintain a positive environment, employees are required not to engage in or permit any fellow employee to engage in any unlawful discrimination against employees, residents or relatives.
* Attend and participate in training sessions and staff and relatives meetings as and when required.
* Be aware of and at all times comply with all company rules, policies and procedures, including the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Care Standards Act and the relevant Regulations.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
1. RN qualified.
2. Current registration with the NMC.
1. At least one year of nursing experience.
2. Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur.
3. Experience of recording accurate records.
4. Knowledge of medication rounds and the safe administration of medicines.
5. Practical experience of providing high quality care and exceeding expectations.
6. Demonstrates recent and relevant clinical updating in line with PREPP.
7. Have an understanding of the Professional Code of Conduct and accountability.
8. Awareness and understanding of National Minimum Care Standards Act and Royal Pharmaceutical Guidelines.
9. Evidence of personal continuing professional development.
10. Ability to motivate and work with a team of staff.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
1. Post-basic course in elderly care.
2. Training experience/qualification.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of training and developing staff.
2. Experience of supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
3. Experience of planning/managing staff rota.
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
Refer a friend bonus scheme
Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
Free flu vaccine