Do you have what it takes to make strong contacts and uncover great stories that lead the way online and in print?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a bright and hard-working Reporter to join our enthusiastic team of journalists working for CoventryLive and the Coventry Telegraph.
Our ideal candidate would be imaginative, organised, with an ability to spot good stories and turn them into clean, crisp and accurate content that engages with our audience and is relatable and relevant to their lives.
This is a home based opportunity however due to the nature of the role this reporter will need to live in the area.
We believe in offering you ways to work which give you a good work/life balance – and you’ll never be on your own. Our new way of working keeps our journalists in the communities we serve, ensuring our coverage reflects real life, every day. You’ll be part of a team where everyone wants to see their colleagues succeed, with regular in-person meet ups, and constant training and development opportunities. You can play a role in helping to shape the future of journalism.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
Who are we looking for?
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Driving licence
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.