We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Reporter or Journalist to join the CornwallLive team. Your role will be to write around the subjects people are searching for, particularly tourism, TV and seasonal trends.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from Reporters or Journalists from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for candidates who understand the issues that are important to our region’s very many different communities so we can continue to really diversify our content.
So, who are we?
CornwallLive is part of Reach plc. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too,
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories which engage as many readers as possible
- Find and develop new audiences, primarily through search, to help CornwallLive grow
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engage with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent (or relevant work experience)
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, that could engage a large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling
- A full driving licence
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes