OxfordshireLive, Reach’s newest site in the South East has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist. Since launching in September the site has rapidly grown and we’re looking for a creative and dynamic Reporter to help us to continue that journey.
You’ll have a passion for live news, producing high quality features and above all delivering creative digital storytelling.
You’ll be joining a great team, who have the county’s best interests at heart, and aren’t afraid to try something new.
We’re looking for someone who is keen to get out and about getting to the heart of our communities and bringing fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds. We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities.
This is a flexible working position which includes home-based working, however, due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to live within this region to enable them to report on local stories and issues.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
- You are creative and passionate, with a proven track record for digital storytelling.
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures.
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- You will have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification or equivalent and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach, but we will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equivalent
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.