We are LeicestershireLive!
Do you have what it takes to make strong contacts and uncover great stories that lead the way online and in print?
We are looking for a bright and hard-working Reporter to join our enthusiastic team of Journalists working for our rapidly growing website LeicestershireLive and the Leicester Mercury.
The role will involve working in a fast paced environment to report the news, write features and produce online content that resonates with our audience and is relatable and relevant to their lives.
You will be an imaginative self-starter who is organised, with an ability to spot good stories and turn them into clean, crisp and accurate content.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
The ideal candidate
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- A driving licence is preferable
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
- and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.