Do you want to write lively, engaging content that will be read by hundreds of thousands of readers every week?
Do you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same?
Do you want to be part of a great team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about breaking the most important and most engaging stories of the day?
NorthantsLive is Northamptonshire’s premier news site, delivering first-class content to readers across the county and beyond. From live breaking news to the best in what’s on and lifestyle content, we tell the stories that matter most to our ever-growing and diverse audience.
We’re looking for dynamic, creative and ambitious reporters with fresh ideas and new perspectives, who are passionate about finding new and engaging ways of telling the stories of the communities that make up this amazing county.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb social media skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this, the role may close without notice, so please don’t delay in your application.
So, who are we?
This role is part of Reach Plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to Scotland and the UK’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record and Sunday Mail to the Scottish Daily Express, Glasgow Live, Edinburgh Live and OK!. We also own a huge number of regional titles across the UK such as the Paisley Daily Express, Ayrshire Post, Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more). Our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Find and tell stories about communities that engages as many readers as possible, and stories that will be of interest to a local audience
- Be confident in breaking news scenarios
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Media law qualification
- Accomplished live blogger would be an advantage
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared
- Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.