Regulatory Reporting Manager
London (near Bank of England)
Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension, Private Health
35 hours p/week
Closing date: 8th August 2020
A bit about us…
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected insurance and healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in…
The Regulatory Reporting Manager is a key role in Bupa’s Group Finance function. You will have a high level of exposure to senior management. You will be responsible for Bupa’s regulatory reporting and demonstrate strong leadership skills managing finance professionals within Bupa Group Finance.
What you’ll be doing…
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Reporting, you will shape the future of Bupa’s regulatory reporting processes & output in line with best market practice. You will also support the Director of Group Financial Control and build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders at Bupa.
What’s a typical day?
- Technical reviews of Solvency II reporting, including QRTs and narrative reports
- Provide commercial advice and impact assessments on regulatory reporting areas
- Management of the Group Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA)
- Delivery of the Group’s annual Stress & Scenario Testing work
- Line management responsibility for direct report(s)
- Cross functional leadership on regulatory change projects
- Monthly, quarterly and annual capital monitoring / forecasting
- Presenting regulatory reports to senior management
Who we’re looking for?
- ACA / CA Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW / ICAS)
- Excellent academics
- Previous experience of Insurance / Financial Services / Solvency II
- Strong leadership skills
- Gravitas to business partner with senior management
- Ability to deliver high-quality complex financial reporting within tight deadlines
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re an insurance and healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/