Richmond Cheltenham, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN
As a Registered Nurse at a Richmond Village you’ll not only be able to use your skills to deliver outstanding clinical care in a beautiful setting, but we’ll support you with your continuing professional development too. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – providing them with ongoing clinical care and support which helps them live life to the full. We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our team at Richmond Cheltenham.
Working hours and salary
£20.35 per hour plus excellent benefits
Full time & part time available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid break
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about
- A passion to coach, guide and support your team, as well as providing formal and informal programmes of training to colleagues and other care professionals
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
What your typical day involves
- You’ll take responsibility for the well-being of our residents, leading a team of Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants to ensure residents’ physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Carrying out assessments, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Throughout the day, you’ll monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Delivering clinical guidance to your care team, you’ll lead, motivate and mentor this team to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the care home
- Always promoting our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement – you’ll ensure a safe and person-centred home is maintained
Who we are
Richmond Cheltenham is a brand-new retirement village located in the attractive spa town well known for its festivals of culture and racecourse. Heralded, due to its abundance of mineral springs, as a health and holiday resort in the 18th century, Cheltenham remains one of the most sought-after locations to live well in the UK.
Providing a perfect opportunity to retire in style, Richmond retirement suites are available to buy or rent. Lifestyle and care packages are available to make daily life completely enjoyable and worry-free. There is also a beautiful care home at the heart of the village providing a higher level of support to those who require nursing or residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
To apply directly please email
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.